- 29: Is Depression the Result of Self-Centeredness?
- 07: Feelings are important in growing consciousness – Existential and Mindfulness Based Emotional Reflection Therapy
- 31: Democratically Denying Education – the internal flaw of democracy
- 27: Integrity and Your Social Potential
- 11: Scientism
- 31: Respecting Elders in a Society of Rugged Individualism
- 04: Freedom from and Freedom to
- 01: Hope affects outcome… why?
- 26: The difference between good intentions and good actions = understanding, humility, and empathy
- 20: Face your Suffering on your way towards Freedom and Balance | The Effects of Resistance
- 13: Adlerian psychotherapy – an overview
- 13: What is a systemic approach in psychotherapy? Family systems theory intervention
- 06: What is the Difference between a Psychologist, a Psychotherapist, a Psychiatrist, a Social Worker, a LPC, a LMFT, a LSCW, a PsyD, a PHD………
- 29: Dialectics – open your mind and balance will occur naturally
- 22: What are ‘triggers’ – automatic responces
- 20: Overcoming feelings of Shame | Shame avoided will stay quite the same…
- 15: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy simplified
- 15: Relationship Help | “My partner says that I don’t listen” | how to meet the emotional needs of your partner
- 13: The Sex vs. Emotional Intimacy debate | how to make both partners feel loved in a relationship
- 10: Authenticity and Stress | you are healthiest when you are your real self | “don’t plant corn in the sand”
- 08: Relationship feel stuck? Try pretending that you don’t know everything about your partner
- 07: Mind won’t stop ruminating? Take your shoes off to encourage a state of mindfulness
- 06: Drink too much? Try being yourself in your life… choose to stop inhibiting yourself
- 27: Asking Clients Permission | offering choices to clients in counseling | tips for psychotherapists
- 26: Asking for feedback in therapy | collaborative psychotherapy | empowering the client | tips for psychotherapists
- 25: 30 Common questions psychotherapist should be able to answer succinctly | tips for therapists | how to market your private psychotherapy practice
- 24: Teenage Drinking | Solving Youth Substance Abuse | restraint theory, individuation, overpopulation, cultural priorities and freewill
- 23: Immediacy | tips for therapists | How to use immediacy | experiential techniques
- 22: Weight loss – what does that food mean to you? Insight, reflection, and replacement in achieving weight loss goals.
- 16: Parenting fundamentals – The basics for co-parenting your children
- 04: Why should I focus on my Breathing? – Worry reduction.
- 04: Realistic Weight Loss Work Sheet – Keep what you love, substitute and add where you can, and remove the unimportant
- 03: Euphoria and gratitude… a runners high at 9,000 feet
- 03: Forming Secure Attachments – Handout for parents and caregivers
- 03: Components of the Obesity and Nutrition Problem in our Shared Country
- 02: Why some fail to lose Weight – Restraint theory
- 01: Synchronicity – The rattlesnake’s message of change and balance
- 25: Jung’s Theory of Synchronicity, Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
- 12: Placebo effect – an underrated healer
- 12: Addiction Intervention Debate | Increasing Freedom by fostering an increase in consciousness, reflective ability, and emotional availability | Is there always a choice or are certain stimuli too controlling?
- 11: Support group for teens with type 1 diabetes
- 11: An example of ‘Auras’ and ‘Energy’ for our left brained friends
- 11: Compassionately Assertive – Maintaining Boundaries without Aggression – using empathy and clarity to get your needs met
- 06: Parenting questions for couples – Questionnaire to increase synergy, collaboration, empathy, and overall understanding for couples who are co-parenting a child.
- 29: ‘not -talked-about’ themes in Human Sexuality – normalizing
- 29: Play therapy explained | How to use play therapy | Attuning to your child | how and why it works
- 23: Balanced Boundaries – a metaphor about giving and taking for the health of yourself and others
- 22: Alcohol use and marital satisfaction
- 22: What is empathy? How do I know if I am experiencing empathy?
- 21: Existentialism in Psychotherapy
- 11: pathologizing, labels, dichotomies, existentialism and acceptance
- 09: Anger and Arguments – Are you defending the topic or your self?
- 09: Existential Recovery – Emotional freedom inherent in the choice of meaning
- 08: Empathy building exercise – learning to be empathetic – increasing emotional understanding
- 02: Vengeance and the Ego
- 02: The Evolution of CBT = Mindfulness – moving from changing projections to eliminating projections
- 01: Past goals driving current choices? – Overcoming your inner teenager
- 31: Who are you? How to stop conforming to expectations and to start presenting the self you would like to present
- 31: Problems sleeping? 10 Tips to help you sleep
- 25: Overcoming addiction to substance – find a replacement behavior that offers a comparable result – hope involves you being both reasonable and honest with yourself
- 18: Setting realistic expectations and living within those realistic expectations…
- 18: Premarital counseling questions | life long commitment questionnaire | questions for a long & happy relationship
- 17: Strength Based Therapy – what it means
- 17: Understanding how your Values impact the choices that you make
- 16: Narrative therapy summary
- 16: Creating Motivation for the Change Process – Why creating a mental image of the ‘new you’ works
- 13: The Oppression of Creativity and Progression – How regulation, oversight, managed care, and “Big Brother” oppress growth
- 12: Logical Reason to Change – The Inevitability of Anxiety Whether You Change or Not
- 12: What does LPC, LSW, LMFT, PsyD, PHD, LCSW, MD, MS, MA stand for?
- 11: Why might we be misinformed about human sexuality?
- 11: What is Transference in psychotherapy – placing emotional reactions related to another onto the therapist
- 10: What is Love? How do I know if I am in love or have experienced love? Love is selflessness and felt security… love is also a physical and emotional feeling
- 05: 7 Health and Weight loss tips from a psychotherapist who is married to a nutritionist
- 04: Why are people Defensive? Reducing the anxiety of change
- 29: Some stress is best left
- 29: Changing unhelpful beliefs – “If ____________ then I will be happy”
- 28: What is the meaning of Life? – To live… consciousness of consciousness in existence
- 27: Psychotherapy Forum – Start a new Topic and Join the Discussion in the Wellness Forum
- 26: Mindfulness Interventions for Both the Therapist and the Client to Increase Therapeutic Effectiveness When Treating Trauma
- 26: Human Sexuality and Stress Management
- 25: Reducing suffering – How trying to avoid or control suffering often increases suffering – When to act and when to accept without action
- 21: Guided Visualization for Emotional Resiliency – comforting a younger you
- 18: Structural family therapy summary
- 14: Tips for getting your Attachment needs met in your adult relationships
- 14: Argumentative? Dichotomies in conversations lead to arguments not solutions
- 05: Does being drunk make you uninhibited? | alcohol, authenticity and primal instinct
- 04: Authentic Self – Are you the work you or the outside of work you?
- 04: Do Therapists get Therapy? | Controlling bias and counter-transference in counseling
- 30: How do you find the right therapist for you?
- 28: Allowing and Believing
- 28: Courage to use your Strength to attend to your Fear
- 23: ‘The Good Enough Sex Model’ (Metz and MaCarthy 2007) – a review and summary
- 23: Meditative Breath – focusing on the expansion and contraction of your chest and stomach.
- 22: The Science behind Emotional Intelligence: literature review
- 21: Narrative therapy: the externalization of perception
- 18: Michele Weiner Davis’s ‘Divorce Busting’ – a response
- 17: Solution Focused Therapy simplified
- 11: Empathy – nature and nurture
- 10: A subtle difference between Narrative and Cognitive psychotherapy
- 09: ‘narrative means to theraputic ends’ – book summary and review
- 08: Rogerian (or Person Centered) therapy summary
- 07: Combined Wellness intervention
- 28: Fear of Snakes is from the fear of snakes
- 26: Love with the mind, the body and the spirit
- 24: Ignorance is Bliss?
- 12: Anti-dogmatic types have a dogma themselves
- 11: A subjective interpretation of Jesus’ message about the forgiveness of sin…
- 06: Postmodernism – making an ‘out there’ philosophy useful
- 06: Chaos is the result of resisting what is
- 04: Selfishness is also Selfless
- 26: Love is something we experience with our emotions
- 19: Labels, identification, and judgments from an existential view
- 07: Forgiveness is the Heart of Justice
- 19: Journaling for health, for context, for hope, for expression and for awareness
- 11: Gestalt Psychotherapy – an overview
- 07: Spend your energy on that which you can truly influence
- 26: the 7 things you need to create meaningful change – precursors of change
- 21: Attachment – why we say and emote one way when we truly feel and think a different way
- 16: The Talking Cure for Trauma – holding freedom – you are the lotus
- 14: ‘Empirically based practice’ has been proven irrelevant to therapy outcomes – empirically
- 12: Stating your internal feelings – acknowledge for acceptance – resistance is suffering
- 08: Past blame or “whose fault it is” and on to solutions
- 06: Externalization – you are with the problem… you are separate from the problem
- 01: Motivation to Exercise – why it is hard and how to make it easier
- 31: Harmful Interaction Patterns – which do you do and what can help?
- 30: Mindfulness Exercise – notice your senses without judgment =54321 present
- 29: Can you be too close? – Enmeshment and automatic emotions transfer
- 26: Ineffective Solution Strategies – without a simplified problem, a solution is unlikely
- 25: Trauma – What happens to a person who has experienced trauma and why.
- 24: Wellness with euphoria… sometimes what you want…you may already have
- 23: Mindfulness – Why it is helpful and what ‘being in the present moment’ means
- 22: Existentialism – meaning, meaninglessness and your life
- 19: Timeouts for adults – conflict resolution and avoidance strategies
- 17: Genograms – reducing blame and finding solutions in your family tree
- 12: Mantras while you exercise – increase your awareness of your present surroundings
- 11: Why Feeling Questions? – Emotional Expression Enhances Bonding
- 10: Talking with Teens– Try using authentic open-minded empathetic curiosity.
- 09: Relationship Sexually Stuck? – A look at your unwritten rules of engagement.
- 03: My Dog – the personal trainer
- 01: The interdependence of dependence and independence